As the globalization juggernaut rolls on, it continues to create more Detroits. Skills and perspectives quickly become obsolete.
What to do in the face of such change?
So there’s your quick answer. Get the book if you want more!
On this tour, a free agent needs mentors. Hoffman & Casnocha provide you with plenty from stories & lessons from some of the startup industry’s finest. Jack Dorsey, Mark Andreesen, Cheryl Sandberg, Rick Warren, Paul Graham, Jeff Bezos, Joi Ito and a few of their own running Paypal & Linkedin.
Each chapter closes with concrete actionable advice. The authors carefully craft marching orders for you in the next day, next week and next month. Go ahead, give them a try.
1. develop your strengths
- what do you find easy that others find difficult?
- diversify asset mix aka learn new skills
2. plan to be nimble
- pivot as you learn more
- always prepare a lifeboat contingency plan
3. work & develop your network
- hangout with those already on the road
- domain experts, people who know you & smart people
4. hustle for breakout opportunities
5. Embrace baby steps of risk
- bounds of unemployment – shocks that motivate
- adjust your strategy & pivot if need be
Want more? Check out our best of content compilation.
Read this far? Grab our newsletter. We cover all sorts of great topics for free agents, consultants, and those who want to hire them.