Our most popular blog posts…
- 5 Things Toxic to Scalability
- 8 Best Practices for Deploying MySQL Databases on Amazon EC2
- MySQL DBA Interview Questions (part 1)
- MySQL DBA Interview Questions (part 2)
- MySQL Replication with Hotbackups
- Ten Best Practices for MySQL Backups
- Why the Android Ecosystem is Broken
- Finding the Mythical MySQL DBA
- Why Generalists are Better at Scaling the Web
- 3 Things Every CEO Should Know About the Cloud
- Consulting 101 – Finding Business
- Consulting 101 – Completing Engagements
- Consulting 101 – Growing Business
- Scalability Rules for Managers & Startups
- The Lean Startup – Eric Ries
- Cloud Computing Use Cases
- Why (or Why Not) to Migrate to the Cloud
- Introduction to EC2 Cloud Deployments
We use a broad brush to highlight the biggest no-nos in web application scalability.
MySQL on Amazon EC2, the what, how and when.
This two part guide for a hiring manager, focuses on the MySQL Database Operations role.
Hotbackups make building replicas a snap. Avoid the downtime & speedup the process.
Get your backups right so you can get some sleep at night!
Androids platform has not labored under an iron fist. Now it’s ecosystem is paying the price.
A decade ago startups large and small were running on Oracle, but no longer. As the shift intensifies, it becomes harder and harder to find the right talent. Here’s why.
We argue that technologists with broad experience are needed to achieve scalability for today’s high traffic high transaction websites.
Startup & Small Business Advice
You’ve heard all the hype. Now for some medicine.
Our three part guide takes you through ten steps to building a successful consulting business. This is as much a guide for freelancers or wanna be consultants, as it is for startups, and those wishing to hire good temporary resources.
Learn about scalability from the guys at AKF.
Building a startup doesn’t have to mean big money. Stay efficient and build those margins.
Cut through the hype. Which types of applications really do lend themselves to deploying in the cloud?
Ask some tough questions before you deploy everything in the cloud.
Soup to nuts guide to deploying applications on Amazon Web Services EC2.