Just back from the Labor Day holiday, and ready to dive back in.
I thought this would be a great time to outline some of our upcoming topics so here goes…
- a rant about Oracle’s weak points
In the meantime take a peek at our piece on why we wrote the book on Oracle & Open Source. We ruminate on trends in the datacenter and take a stab at Oracle’s future.
- Is there any such thing as automatic scalability?
- What blocks scalability?
- Are NoSQL databases magic?
Also one of our articles that went viral – 5 things toxic to scalability
- origin in different job roles & priorities
- balance found in each appreciating the others point of view
- hiring the best or building the right culture
You might enjoy a wildly popular piece we wrote a few months back How to hire a developer that doesn’t suck.
- SQL queries are hellish to tune, that we know.
- An outline of some of the common patterns that don’t work will help you identify and avoid them.
- A commodity does not stand out in the services business
- Differentiation is about personality, relationships & how you solve problems for the business
Also in the meantime take a look at our professional services 101 guide.
Read this far? Grab our monthly scalable startups newsletter.